Shoot in RAW, Edit in Snapseed – Our Latest Software Update
A software update is now available offering new camera features and enhancements, including shooting in RAW, because images matter.
So, what’s new?
One of our most requested additional features from our photography community, RAW image capture, is now available on the KODAK EKTRA Smartphone! Shooting in RAW in the manual mode records all the data from the sensor enabling more sophisticated image processing options. It enhances every stage of the process, from more advanced image correction to better quality prints. One thing to keep in mind is that since RAW files contain greater depth and tones, the files sizes are much larger, so to preserve memory be selective when shooting in RAW, or make the most of the MicroSD card slot.
To finesse your photos into works of art, you can also edit your RAW files within the SNAPSEED Image Editor, pre-installed on the KODAK EKTRA. Gone are the days of having to exit the camera app to edit images.
We’ve saved you precious time by improving our auto focus function, making it more accurate so you can put your efforts into looking for the best photo opportunities. With improved auto focus comes better face detection performance, letting you take flawless photos of your loved ones (and of yourself!)
Another useful improvement is that the ANDROID touch buttons are now disabled while on the camera app, to avoid accidentally pressing them when using the camera with one hand, making it much easier and effortless to capture moments on the fly.
Finally, you can now benefit from enhanced low light performance. As George Eastman famously said, ‘light makes photography’. This new software update allows you to make the most of what you get in situations with low light, for better night scenes and concert photography, among others, without the use of flash, which can make an image look overly harsh and overexposed.
Don’t be the one to miss out – make sure you keep your device up to date for new features, camera enhancements and overall better and faster performance.
Tell your story. #KodakEktra
Software update details
What’s new in Version 2.009.00 /_A
- Added RAW file support in Manual mode; shooting in RAW records all the data from the sensor enabling more sophisticated image processing options
- Enhanced single handed camera functionality; when the camera app is enabled the Android touch buttons are now disabled to avoid an accidental press when using the camera with one hand
- Improved auto focus making in quicker and more accurate
- Improved Face Detection performance for better portrait photos
- Optimisations to the Auto White Balance and colour saturation
- Improvements to shutter speed performance
- New option to disable Auto Scene Detection in Smart Auto mode. Disabling auto scene detection may increase the shutter response
- New shutter effect to provide visual indication of when a picture is taken
- Enhanced low light performance
- Optimisations to the noise reduction algorithm from ISO 100-6400
- Introduces a new ‘How To’ camera tutorial on the new functionality
How to check for the latest software version
Ensure you are connected to a Wi-Fi network, if you don’t receive the update automatically please navigate as follows: Settings>About phone>System updates>Check for update